Each year as tour season begins at Dunn Gardens a number of exciting events are scheduled. None of these would be possible without a dedicated group of docents and volunteers. Docents serve as our “ambassadors”, leading groups of visitors through the gardens and interpreting its historic legacy; volunteers lend an invaluable hand in a myriad other ways. This energetic, well informed group attends workshops, tours area gardens, acquires a detailed familiarity with the sophisticated plant palette in the Dunn Gardens and shares that knowledge.
Please let us know if you are interested in our docent Program or would like to volunteer in the gardens.
For more information, contact our office (details below).
Docent Program Details
- Training: Spring Orientation with meetings on periodic Tuesdays 10am-12pm through Tour Season (April~Oct., closed Aug.)
- Study guide: Dunn Gardens Notebook
- Commitment: Lead 6 garden tours a year (at your convenience)
- Plant Identification classes with our curators Charles Price & Glenn Withey
- Field trips to private and public gardens
- Lectures by noted local horticultural experts
- Free admittance to NW flower & Garden show by working at the Dunn Garden Booth
- Wonderful camaraderie while learning NW history, Olmsted design and rare plants in a beautiful setting