It is with great pleasure we invite you to meet our new Director of Historic Preservation: Quill Teal-Sullivan.
Enjoy a walk around an historic garden with an exceptionally knowledgeable guide.
* Discover how you may apply some of the Dunn Gardens' practices into your own landscape.
* Learn about the challenges of caring for an evolving historical landscape, including changes in light, weather patterns, and new hybrids.
* Hear about Ed Dunn's additions to the Gardens, particularly how he was inspired by our native PNW flora, his love of rhododendrons, and gathering of erythronium seeds.
* Understand the challenges of caring for and preserving the collections of a living museum.
* Indulge in a delectable and elegant catered champagne lunch surrounded by the beauty of the Gardens while the conversation continues.
* Ask Quill about her experiences at Meadowburn Farm in New Jersey and her graduate work at Longwood Gardens, or about the time she discovered a tulip from 1895 still in the garden. Or... ask her about forensic gardening.
* Receive a copy of Ed Dunn's book, 1121 Union, and some enchanting note cards.
A Tour with Quill is the perfect gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or as a special birthday surprise! Come celebrate in the Gardens!
Tour numbers are limited to 15 persons
Time: 10:00 am -1:30 pm
Location: Dunn Gardens
Cost: $100 for one person, $175 for two persons.
Date: Saturday, May 20
Other Tours with Quill will be offered Sunday, June 25 and one more to be scheduled in the fall.
Guests are advised to dress warmly and, with regret, we cannot allow pets and children on this particular tour. Thank you for your understanding.