The gardens grow and thrive with the help of many hands. Volunteers generously contributed more than 1,000 hours last year working in the gardens, at events, giving tours, and helping out in the office. Our staff of five greatly appreciate the time, energy, and commitment of this dedicated group.
Please consider becoming a volunteer! It’s a wonderful way to contribute to a community endeavor, all while working in a breathtakingly beautiful garden and meeting interesting people.
VOLUNTEER: General Maintenance
- With maintaining a 7.5 acre garden there is always maintenance needed. We need someone with a wide variety of skills from repairing electrical issues to carpentry work.
VOLUNTEER: Irrigation Repairs
- Help trouble shoot and repair irrigation sprinkler issues
- Yearly maintenance checks on the valve boxes
TIME COMMITMENT: Hours are negotiable and will be determined with supervisor.
- Complete a volunteer application and interview.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Previous experience with basic maintenance tasks desired
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Must be flexible and reliable
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- Rewarding and invaluable position that supports the Dunn Gardens’ community
- Build connections with Dunn staff
- Complimentary Dunn Gardens Family Membership
- Recognition at volunteer appreciation events
REPORTS TO: Head Horticulturist, Carol Miranda
HOW TO APPLY: Simply fill out the application below. Please give us a call (206-362-0933) or send an email (Info@dunngardens.org) if you have any questions or need more information. Thank you!
Use this form to submit your personal information to volunteer with the E.B. Dunn Historic Garden Trust.